berry picking adventure last year. There is no comparison to fresh picked berries! I also have a bag full of bananas in my freezer. If you have bananas on your counter going brown, don't throw them away, they make the best smoothies. Just peel the skin off and get a gallon bag. Place the bananas in the bag and stick them in your freezer for when you are ready for smoothies. Sometimes I even make the smoothies for my morning snack because I love them so much. I just make the portions a little smaller. Homemade smoothies rock!
Blueberry & Banana Smoothie
Perfect for a grab and go breakfast!
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 Container of Plain Greek Yogurt (17-18 oz)
- 1 cup of Milk (if using frozen fruit you may need another ½ cup)
- 2 Bananas
- 2 cups Blueberries
- 2 Tbls Ground Flaxseed
- 2 Tbls Honey
- Add all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour into glasses or if you are storing for the week I like using mason jars.
If you are using frozen fruit start with 1 cup of milk. After you blend the smoothie and it is thicker than you would like add ½ cup of milk, then blend again. Recipe makes 6 cups total For breakfast portions - 1.5 cups per serving and you get 4 servings For snack portions - 1 cup per serving and you get 6 servings